KEGS Foundation: Future Events: Winter/Spring 2020
Along with marking the 20th year of scholarship awards by the KEGS Foundation*, various specific events and activities are anticipated in the winter/spring of 2020:
- The Foundation expects to renew its core scholarship program for the academic year 202/21, with a formal announcement in mid-January, and with a likely minimum of 15 scholarships, plus the Collett Graduate Scholarship.
- Prof. Michael Zhdanov of the University of Utah will take up his appointment as the Collett Distinguished Visiting Lecturer in Geophysics in early March in Toronto, largely overlapping with the PDAC mega-convention. He is expected to present two lectures (one at the KEGS Symposium), plus a short course on the principles and pitfalls of geophysical inversion on Thursday AM (March 5); details of the lectures, short course and registration will be available shortly.
- The Foundation plans to again host an informal Veterans Reunion / After Party on Saturday evening (Feb 29), immediately following the KEGS Geophysical Symposium;
- Two more KEGS Special Lectures are planned in early 2020 (UCalgary, Jan 23) and UVic (TBD), comprising a continuation of this annual Canada-wide program (5 previous lectures in 2019).
- The annual Board meeting of the Foundation is scheduled for Sunday AM March 1, followed by the AGM on Tuesday March 5 following the annual KEGS Breakfast.
Current scholarship students are reminded that they can attend at no cost the KEGS Geophysical Symposium on Feb 29 as well as the Foundation's inversion short course on March 5, and can also participate very inexpensively in the PDAC Convention, particularly if they register early.
Other relevant future geoscience meetings and events
For information on relevant future geoscience meetings, seminars, conferences and other events, please consult appropriate websites for the KEGS, B.C. Geophysical Society, CSEG, AEMQ, PDAC, CGU, GAC, SEG and university departments. For an overview of future geoscience talks and events in the greater Toronto area, including KEGS, TGDG, CIM MES and UofT ESD, please check out the GTA GeoEvents Calendar.